Glue is rethinking work communication. We believe it should be easy to share the right information with the right people, both inside and outside of your team. Say goodbye to workspace switching, channel fatigue, noisy notifications, and complex setup to connect with colleagues.
We’re looking for the second backend engineer to join our small team and help lead the effort to prepare the product for launch. Our technical foundation—Golang, GraphQL API, PostgreSQL—is simple, straightforward, and battle-tested. You’ll be working closely with the CEO/CTO and the rest of the Glue team to make early decisions and help set the direction of the product, codebase, and team culture. We’ll be shipping daily and experimenting with ideas and interactions as we envision them, focusing on usability, attention to detail, performance, and innovation around optimal team communication.
- An accomplished backend engineer with experience in designing, building, and maintaining scalable backend systems.
- Can quickly define, implement, and test API endpoints and prototype implementations against them while focusing on the end user experience that you’re validating.
- A self-starter, a builder, a doer. You know how to architect a project the “right way”, but also know when to ask about requirements and make tradeoffs depending on the maturity of the project.
- You care about details but know when to avoid getting lost in the weeds and prioritize the immediate outcomes needed.
- You want to be part of a scrappy, early team who is building something ambitious and exciting.
What will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- 2+ years of experience designing and maintaining production systems
- 2+ years of experience with a typed language such as Go, TypeScript, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL databases at the application and infrastructure levels
- Experience designing and maintaining APIs (familiarity with GraphQL will be helpful)
- Independent and self motivated—maintaining side projects or libraries a major plus
- This is a very early role, but we’re offering a competitive salary in addition to significant equity, a healthcare package, and whatever equipment you need to excel at your job.
- Flexible vacation policy and work/life balance—we’re moving quickly but want a sustainable culture.
- We’re currently located in San Francisco, but open to remote applicants.
Glue is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Glue doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.