Glue is rethinking work communication. We believe it should be easy to share the right information with the right people, both inside and outside of your team. Say goodbye to workspace switching, channel fatigue, noisy notifications, and complex setup to connect with colleagues.
As our first product design hire, your ability to lead design initiatives and advocate for users will play a major role in establishing design as a critical function on the team.
Starting day one, you will work closely with our engineers on hugely impactful projects, helping to prepare mockups and handoff-ready designs that are both beautiful and intuitive to use.
Over the course of the next 6 months, your eye for consistent design systems combined with the feedback from our engaged customers will help set the stage for our long-term design strategy, guiding everything from how existing users interact with the product, to the branding and creative work that draws in new customers.
- Oversee cross-platform design, including mobile design
- Champion design as a key business function alongside sales/marketing, engineering, legal, and operations concerns.
- Influence critical design decisions by bringing a systematic and visual eye to the Glue user experience.
- Become a leading voice in charting the future of Glue design.
- Iterate on existing products and invent new ones, crafting rational, elegant, and delightful solutions to complex problems.
- Set a high bar for design quality and help teams ship with that quality without compromising velocity
- Introduce consistency by collaborating on an initial design system guided by web and mobile client-side design best practices.
- Learn the company building and product launch process from the ground up.
- 3+ years of design experience within product design, design systems, or UI/UX.
- A mastery of design and prototyping tools (ex: Figma)
- A strong eye for design, with the ability to distinguish the specific elements that go into creating delightful, beautifully crafted interfaces and design assets.
- The ability to evaluate your own work and clearly communicate tradeoffs and design decisions to a team of non-designers.
- You can thrive in ambiguous circumstances and have the capacity to both context-switch on demand and quickly find the answer to most questions on your own.
- A founder mentality. You are low ego and willing to roll your sleeves up and do whatever needs to be done to help the team succeed.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions.
- A proven track record of delivering impactful and beautiful products that customers love.
- This is a very early role, but we’re offering a competitive salary in addition to significant equity, a healthcare package, and whatever equipment you need to excel at your job.
- Flexible vacation policy and work/life balance—we’re moving quickly but want a sustainable culture.
- We’re currently located in San Francisco, but open to remote applicants.
Glue is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Glue doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.